February 8, 2012

The Best Salad Ever!


I'm by no means a cook or anything close to.  My idea of cooking, with the exception of baking, is to dump, mix, and pour whatever looks good to me.  The salads I make are no exception and I pretty much say, "This is the BEST salad Ever" to almost everyone.  Mostly because I just plop whatever looks delicious to me at the time together, make one of my favorite vinegarettes and chow down.  My salads and vinegarettes are different everytime I make them. I made this one to go with my dinner yesterday and of course found myself saying, "This is the BEST salad ever!". 

Please excuse the fact that I have very little if any measurements at all.  I seriously just add until it looks good.


Ingredients for Salad:

Baby romaine
Sliced white button mushrooms (or really any mushroom you like)
Chick Peas (almost a constant MUST in my salads)
Cucumber sliced into cubes
1/2 of a sweet yellow onion chopped (or more if you really like a lot of onion)
1 avocado cut into cubes or bite size pieces
However much of the vinegarette you want to add (see ingredients below)

Vinegarette:

Chopped fresh parsley
1 clove of chopped garlic
Sprinkle of italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Tablespoon or so of sugar
Cider vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
* Again, no precise measurements because I add until it looks and tastes yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment